It’s time for our first actions of the 2022 election cycle, and you can pitch in from home or in person! Our 3 Flipping Things for April focus on North Carolina:
- Learn what’s at stake in North Carolina’s elections by reading the North Carolina Briefing Sheet from Lean Left Vermont.
- Donate to one of these grassroots groups in North Carolina OR to the progressive cause or candidate of your choice.
- Write postcards to North Carolina voters as part of the nationwide Reclaim Our Vote campaign. April’s postcards will provide Early Vote information and are designed to Get Out the Vote for the May 17 primary AND to give voters time to work out obstacles to November voting caused by recently enacted voter suppression laws.
We are thrilled to be able to offer two ways to send postcards this month.
- In person at 7pm on Monday, April 18 at the Fellowship Hall of Middlebury’s Congregational Church. Bring stamps! Bring a snack and beverage (non-alcoholic only) if you like! And bring a friend! RSVP via this form .
Following CDC guidelines, masks will be optional at the April gathering. The CDC currently rates Addison County’s covid-19 risk as LOW. If CDC guidelines shift, we will shift too.
- From home. Place an order using this form by Friday April 15th and Mike will let you know when they are ready to be picked up.
- ALL POSTCARDS MUST BE MAILED BY APRIL 25.
Thank you AGAIN for putting your shoulder to the wheel for our democracy (a mud season saying if there ever was one). We can’t wait to see you — in person or in spirit — at our kick-off April action.
– Mike, Lorraine, Gaen, Gregor, Erik, and Jen
GOT YOUR POSTCARDS AND READY TO GO? FOLLOW THESE STEPS!
- Watch Reclaim Our Vote’s postcarding video here.
- Read Reclaim Our Vote’s postcarding guidelines here.
- Take a look at a North Carolina sample postcard here.
- Fill out your postcards, using ROV’s script for the May 17, 2022 North Carolina primary, below:
North Carolina Primary GOTV Script, Wayne County
*** NC Southern Etiquette *** MAIL Postcards by APRIL 25th ***
- ADDRESS SIDE OF CARD: Hand write voter first name, last name, and address from list.
- SCRIPT SIDE OF CARD:
Dear Mr or Miss [voter *last* name from list], OR, Dear [voter *first & last* name, if gender unknown],
Your voice matters in the North Carolina
Primary election, May 17th. At stake
* Good jobs, good pay * Affordable housing
* Voting rights * Investment in safer communities
[The text below can be handwritten or replaced by a label; use labels provided]
Contact Wayne Registrar
for info at 919-731-1411
Early Voting begins April 28.
[Text below goes to left and right of contact info/label above]
Vote Early in Person.
Avoid Long Lines!
Tell 5 friends,
[your first name], volunteer, Reclaim Our Vote
POSTCARDS MUST BE MAILED BY APRIL 25TH!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS SCRIPT IS FOR REGISTERED BLACK VOTERS IN NORTH CAROLINA. DO NOT CHANGE THE WORDING.
We urge Early in Person voting. This way NC voters can 1) register and vote on the same day; and 2) have their registration corrected on the spot if there’s anything wrong with it.